I haven’t written anything here for a while, but I’m back.
After focusing on my studies, I successfully finished the last course (Statistics for Engineers) of my undergraduate studies. I’ll be getting my degree in a couple of weeks from now.
It does feel weird actually being able to say that this phase ended. I mean, it represents my past 8 years of life .
I also feel somewhat unease. I don’t know if its something common or not, but every time I’m on a project or something and my focus gauge ends, most of the excitement leaves and I feel a void. It’s like a kick back into reality and this was no exception.
The bright side is that I’m now free* (*certain conditions apply) to work on whatever I want, which should boost up my mood.
In other news, Steam’s Summer Sale 2014 finally ended. I was craving for it from a long time ago, hahaha. I got my hands into some great games (I hope I can play anytime soon). Some of the newcomers are:
- Batman Origins: I’m currently playing it. So far I have mixed reviews about it and I’ll be writting something after finishing it.
- Civilization V (Brave New World): I was waiting until I had all the DLCs for Civ 5 before playing it. The time has come, it seems.
- Dishonored (Bridgemore Witches).
- Resident Evil 4 and Revelations: while RE 6 was a piece of crap, I’m still very fond of RE 4. This was my guilty pleasure during the sale.
- Age of Empires 2 HD: I got it cheaper through Amazon thanks to an error in the system.
- BattleBlock Theater: I bought it because the trailer is plain awesome.
- GameDev Tycoon: just as the other indie games I bought, this will probably be out on some Humble Bundle. Same as Batman Origins, I’ll write a thing or two about the game.
- Don’t Starve: haven’t played it much, but so far I like the aesthetics.
- Risk of Rain: one of my favorites, this was on my must-have list. I like the concept, gameplay and challenge. Thanks to the guys at Extra Credits for recommending it!
- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: I haven’t seen Naruto, but I’ve heard good things about the game.
- Metal Gear Rising: I never had a PlayStation so I never got the chance to grow fond of games like Final Fantasy and MGS. I did tried to play MGS 2 for the PC, but I found it boring after the first minutes so I never finished it (or started it, to be fair). Just as with Naruto, I heard good things about this game and it seems more action-oriented, so I have all my bets around this one.
- Bioshock Infinite (Season Pass): I played the vanilla version and had a great time. I don’t expect the Burial At The Sea DLCs to be as great as the original BioShock, but at least I hope it delivers a great experience like Infinite.
Also, I want to start getting into more jams to work on my skills and portfolio. I checked today and, surprise surprise:
As of this blog, I’ll be doing more Awesometracks soon (\m/). Additionally, I’ll do my best to write gamedev insights about games I play.
My journey is just starting :)